Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Little Pony





As a child of the '80s, I grew up right in the middle of the My Little Pony craze!!! I LOVED them and between my sister and I, we had a TON!  Imagine my surprise when I learned that the ponies are still around!!

It gets better.  The ponies have gotten a makeover. And they have a brand new TV show!!

The show is airing on the new network called The Hub.  The Hub is a collaboration between Hasbro, Inc. and Discovery Communications.  It carries shows like Strawberry Shortcake, G.I. Joe, and Fraggle Rock, and aims to bring children and their families together with play and humor.

I had the opportunity to check out the figurine of the unicorn named Rarity, seen above. Her hair is bright purple and silky, and her hind has the classic colorful markings of all My Little Ponies.  Rarity comes with a saddle, comb, and a little bird friend and is recommended for girls aged 3+.  These make great stocking stuffers because they are relatively small.

So, I told you the ponies got a makeover....what has changed?  The most obvious change was to their eyes.  They are bigger and almost a bit flirty with very long eyelashes.  The pony's body is slimmed and less chunky.








This line is pretty brand-spankin' new, but you can check out this page to see where you can purchase these little cuties!






All opinions are 100% my own. Hasbro provided me with one pony to help facilitate this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment